RN to BSN
The RN to BSN program is hybrid-online administered through the Palm Desert Campus. Students meet once a month at PDC for each Nursing course and participate online for the rest of each quarter.
Upper-division General Ed courses required for the Nursing major:
Natural Sciences Capstone (4)
- Social Sciences Capstone (4)
- Humanities Capstone (4)
- Upper division writing requirement (4) OR exam (WREE)
RN-BSN students who already have a bachelor's degree are not required to take general electives or capstones. RNs with a bachelor's degree in another field may consider applying to the Master's Nursing Program (MSN).
RN-BSN Program Courses
- NURS 341A Professional Writing (2)
- NURS 343 The Nurse as a Researcher (4)
- NURS 344 The Nurse as a Leader (4)
- NURS 345 The Nurse as an Advocate: Family Concepts (4)
- NURS 346 The Nurse as a Member of the Community (4)
- NURS 347 The Nurse as a Member of the Community: Activity (4)
- NURS 350 Nursing Theories (4)
- NURS 352 The Nurse as a Teacher (4)
- NURS 353 Global Nursing (4)
- NURS 443 The Nurse as a Counselor (4)
- NURS 444 The Nurse as Expert Clinician (4)
- NURS 445 The Nurse as a Change Agent (4)
- NURS 446 The Nurse as a Mentor: Activity (4)
- NURS 483 The Nurse as a Lifelong Learner: Advanced Practice Models (4)
All information subject to change.