Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN)
The MSN program at California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
The CSUSB MSN Program: Meeting the Needs of the Community
The department of Nursing offers hybrid online graduate programs leading to a MSN. Students may choose to complete a core population based MS in Nursing and add additional course work for specialization in nursing education or advanced community/public health. The MSN program includes:
- a clinical focus in population-based (advanced public/community health) nursing. Students select a population of focus and are preapred to assume leadership roles in the creation of health care systems which will provide equality of access, high standards of care and caring, and the cost-effective use of resources.
- a concentration in nursing education designed to prepare individuals for the nurse educator role in academic or staff development settings. The nursing education major prepares nursing faculty to teach in nursing programs at both community college and four-year universities. This program is also appropriate for advanced paractice nurses insterested in population health education and health education programming.
Advanced Community/Public Health Nursing (71 units)
Population-Based MSN (57 units)
Nurse Educator (65 units)
Core Courses – all programs (51 Units)
- NURS 541 Advanced Health Assessment (4u)
- NURS 542 Advanced Pathophysiology (4u)
- NURS 543 Advanced Pharmacology & Toxicology (4u)
- NURS 600 Population Health Assessment (6u)
- NURS 610 Program Planning & Evaluation (6u)
- NURS 620 Health Policy Leadership (6u)
- NURS 630 Advanced Nursing Roles (3u)
- NURS 635 Biostatistics (4u)
- NURS 645 Advanced Nursing Reasearch (4u)
- NURS 646 Epidemiology (4u)
- NURS 655 Advanced Nursing Theory (4u)
- NURS 688 Advanced Role Practicum (2u)
For additional information and Admission into the MSN Hybrid Online Course with Program Options see the MSN Factsheet.
To apply go to:MSN Compliance Packet (PDF)
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Margaret Beaman (MSN Co-Coordinator)
Dr. Geraldine Fike (MSN Co-Coordinator)